The light and fluffy vanilla pancakes from this recipe make for a great breakfast treat. They are also gluten-free and vegan-friendly!
- 160ml coconut milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 125g gluten-free flour
- ½ tsp gluten-free baking powder
- ⅛ tsp baking soda
- 4 tbsp agave nectar or maple syrup
- Seeds from 1 vanilla pod or 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp readymade apple sauce
- 4 tbsp warm water (optional)
- Coconut oil for cooking
- Maple syrup or readymade salted caramel sauce for serving
- Combine coconut milk and apple cider vinegar and allow to stand for five minutes.
- Sift flour, baking powder and baking soda in a medium-sized bowl.
- Whisk together the coconut and cider vinegar milk mixture, agave nectar or maple syrup, vanilla and apple sauce.
- Add the wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until completely combined.
- If the batter is too stiff, add up to ¼ cup of warm water to create a more liquid consistency. The batter should not be completely runny and still spoon-able.
- Heat a small amount of coconut oil in a non-stick pan. Add one tablespoon of batter, per pancake, to the pan.
- Allow to cook for two minutes or until air bubbles start to form on top of pancakes.
- Flip pancakes over and allow to cook through on medium heat.
- Remove the pancakes on to a warm plate and repeat the cooking process with the remaining batter.
- Serve the pancakes with maple syrup or salted caramel sauce poured over.
These light and fluffy vanilla pancakes make for a great breakfast treat. They are also gluten-free and vegan-friendly!
Gluten-free flour is milled from naturally gluten free ingredients (or a blend of naturally gluten free ingredients) and is a great alternative to everyday wheat flour.
About this recipe
This vanilla pancakes recipe is courtesy of Le Creuset UK.
Le Creuset Outlet Store
Unit 128D, 50 Pringle Drive, Bicester Village,
Bicester, Oxfordshire OX26 6WD
You'll find your nearest Le Creuset store at lecreuset.co.uk