Pesto Scrambled Eggs aka Green Eggs Recipe
Scrambled eggs with fresh basil pesto on toasted rye bread. Now, what’s not to love about this Pesto Scrambled Eggs aka Green Eggs Recipe for breakfast or brunch?
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoons milk
- 1 tsp basil pesto, plus extra to serve
- Olive oil spray
- 2 slices rye bread, toasted, to serve
- salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk the eggs and milk together in a medium-size bowl, season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a medium-size frying pan over a medium heat and spray lightly with olive oil spray.
- Add egg mixture and using a wooden spoon, stir and bring the egg mixture on the edge of the pan to the centre.
- Continue until the eggs are almost set, then add the pesto and stir until just combined.
- Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve immediately by spooning the scrambled egg onto the toast, adding an extra dollop of pesto if desired.
More from The Oxford Magazine