Scrambled eggs with fresh basil pesto on toasted rye bread. Now, what’s not to love about this Pesto Scrambled Eggs aka Green Eggs Recipe for breakfast or brunch?
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoons milk
- 1 tsp basil pesto, plus extra to serve
- Olive oil spray
- 2 slices rye bread, toasted, to serve
- salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk the eggs and milk together in a medium-size bowl, season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a medium-size frying pan over a medium heat and spray lightly with olive oil spray.
- Add egg mixture and using a wooden spoon, stir and bring the egg mixture on the edge of the pan to the centre.
- Continue until the eggs are almost set, then add the pesto and stir until just combined.
- Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve immediately by spooning the scrambled egg onto the toast, adding an extra dollop of pesto if desired.
- This recipe uses homemade fresh basil pesto. Discover the recipe.
- If you prefer, you can make the scrambled eggs and just top with the pesto when serving i.e. there's no need to stir in the pesto.
- Add some grilled tomatoes and mushrooms, avocado, and even a rasher or two of bacon, for a hearty meal.