The perfect combination of sweet and spicy in this Cranberry, Apple and Chilli Jam makes it particularly delicious with cold meats and cheese.
- 5 red chillies (medium heat), deseeded and finely chopped
- 6 large Bramley apples, about 1.3kg, peeled, cored and roughly chopped
- 300g cranberries
- 300g caster sugar
- 300g cider vinegar
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2tsp Maldon sea salt
- Place all the ingredients in a preserving pan or very large saucepan. Add 200ml water.
- Over a moderate heat, bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and simmer gently for about 1 to 11⁄4 hours until thick. Stir regularly to break up the apples and cranberries.
- Spoon the jam into warm, sterilised jars, seal and leave to cool.
With the perfect combination of sweet and spicy, it is particularly delicious with cold meats and cheese. This Cranberry, Apple and Chilli Jam can also be used as a jam, chutney, or alongside your Christmas turkey.
Ideally, leave for 1 month to mature before opening.
Makes about 1.4kg (3 x 454g jam jars).