Keto-friendly Mushroom Omelette Recipe
Looking for a quick and easy way to start your day? This hearty keto-friendly mushroom omelette is super healthy, and the fresh mushrooms make for a delicious filling. It takes a few minutes to make and can be enjoyed anytime; breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- 3 eggs
- 3 mushrooms
- 30 g (60 ml) shredded cheese
- 1⁄4 yellow onion (optional)
- 30 g butter, for frying
- salt and pepper
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk the eggs with a fork until smooth and frothy.
- Add salt and spices to taste.
- Melt butter in a frying pan. Once the butter has melted, pour in the egg mixture.
- When the omelette begins to cook and get firm, but still has a little raw egg on top, sprinkle cheese, mushrooms and onion (optional) on top.
- Using a spatula, carefully ease around the edges of the omelette, and then fold it over in half.
- When it starts to turn golden brown underneath, remove the pan from the heat and slide the omelette on to a plate.
Try making this with some Spinach
To add spinach to the recipe, sauté some spinach for about 4 minutes, or until liquid almost evaporates, and add on top of the mushrooms (instead of the onions) in step 4.