An easy to make Roasted Beetroot & Lentil Salad with Lemon & Olive Oil Dressing Recipe by Ada Velonis, from founder, editor and culinary writer behind Marmalade + Kindness.
Prep time: 5 Mins
Cook time: 60 Mins
Yield: Serves 2
- 1 whole beetroot
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-3 handfuls of baby spinach
- 250g Merchant Gourmet Cooked Puy Lentils
- 100g poached chicken, shredded into pieces (optional)
- 30g crumbled feta cheese
- 1 handful crumbled, lightly toasted walnuts
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ½ tablespoon clear honey
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven 190 degrees Celsius fan force.
- Rub the skin of the beetroot with the olive oil and wrap tightly in foil. Place on a roasting tray and cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Cook time will depend on the size of the beetroot.
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes, then strip the skin and cut into wedges.
- Put all the dressing ingredients in a bowl and blend with a stick mixer (or whisk until creamy and emulsified).
- Taste, season and adjust.
Combine the spinach leaves, lentils, and chicken (if using) and ¼ of the dressing in a large bowl. Pile the dressed lentils on a flat platter. Scatter over the roasted beetroot, crumbled feta and walnuts. Drizzle with some of the dressing when ready to serve, and leave the rest for individuals to help themselves.
About this recipe
This Roasted Beetroot & Lentil Salad with Lemon & Olive Oil Dressing Recipe is courtesy of Ada Velonis - founder, editor and culinary writer behind Marmalade + Kindness, an online mindful cooking journal that encourages people to explore mindfulness and creativity through home cooking.
Read about Ada Velonis of Marmalade + Kindness on mindful cooking and the products getting her through lockdown here.