This colourful roasted pumpkin slices dish will brighten up your winter table. With the sweet, orange pumpkin, red onion wedges and creamy goats cheese, this dish is a breath of fresh air during the dull winter months. Serve on its own or as a seasonal side dish.
- 650g seasonal squash or pumpkin, peeled and cut into half-moon slices
- 4 to 5 whole garlic cloves, skins attached
- 1 large red onion
- 4 sprigs of rosemary
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon rapeseed oil
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 50g mixed seeds
- 100g soft goats cheese or curd
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons rapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/ Gas Mark 6
- Place the prepared squash in a roaster along with the garlic
- Remove the skin and cut the onion into large wedges and add to the roaster.
- Tear in the sprigs of rosemary and sprinkle over the cinnamon, oil and seasoning.
- Toss the ingredients together to ensure they are all coated and place in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until the squash is tender.
- While the squash is roasting make the dressing. Combine all the dressing ingredients in a small jam jar, put the lid on tightly and shake the mixture well. Shake again just before serving to ensure all the ingredients are incorporated.
- In the last 5 minutes of cooking, scatter the seeds into the roaster to gently toast.
- Once cooked, remove the roaster from the oven and drizzle over the dressing and some fresh rosemary before serving. Alternatively, serve the dressing in the jam jar for your guest to add themselves at the table.
This recipe is great as leftovers too. Simply scatter the cold pumpkin over a bed of mixed winter salad leaves and add a little more goats curd and seeds. Alternatively, warm through and stir into pasta with a dash of oil and a pinch of seasoning.
About this recipe
This Roasted Pumpkin Slices recipe is courtesy of Le Creuset UK.
Le Creuset Outlet Store
Unit 128D, 50 Pringle Drive, Bicester Village,
Bicester, Oxfordshire OX26 6WD
You'll find your nearest Le Creuset store at lecreuset.co.uk