Enjoy these Gluten-free and vegan coconut pancakes with fresh berries, bananas, or bacon (for the non-vegan), and lashings of maple syrup of course!
- 150g shredded coconut
- 16g coconut sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 12.5g gluten-free baking powder
- 200g gluten-free flour (rice flour is great)
- 35ml maple syrup
- 415ml nut milk (almond or coconut)
- 50ml coconut oil melted
- 1 flax egg
- Mix all dry ingredients, add all wet ingredients.
- Mix thoroughly into a batter.
- Meanwhile, heat a non-stick pan over medium heat and grease with a little coconut oil.
- When melted, add a ladle of batter and cook until the top of the pancake starts to bubble, then turn it over until both sides are golden brown and the pancake has risen to almost double the thickness.
- Repeat until all the batter has been used up.
Serve them with fresh berries, banana or bacon (for the non-vegan) and lashings of maple syrup of course!
Or if you prefer to have them made for you, then head over The Handle Bar in Oxford. Breakfast is served Monday to Saturday from 8:00 am and Weekends from 9:00 am, and brunch is every day from 12:00 noon to 2:30 pm (3:00 pm on weekends).