Are you in a rut with your toast routine? Pimp up your toast with this Figs, Ricotta and Honey Toast recipe. Toast will never be the same!
Prep time: 10 Mins
Cook time: 0 Mins
Yield: Serves 2
- 2 slices of sourdough
- 2 figs cut into slices
- 50g set honey
- 80g ricotta cheese
- Fresh mint sprigs
- Remove the top stem of the figs and slice them into thin, round disks.
- Toast the bread using a toaster, oven, or a pan.
- Spread the set honey over the toasted bread, then layer over the ricotta then place the sliced figs on top.
- Sprinkle over some fresh mint.
- Enjoy while the toast is still warm.
Recipe notes by Elizabeth Gibbs
One of my favourite ways to eat velvety soft, luscious figs is combined with a savoury, creamy counterpart like Ricotta. An insanely delicious match made in heaven now that the late summer-early fall fig season has arrived.
For best results, use a good quality Sourdough bread. I'm partial to the Spelt Sourdough from Natural Bread Company in Woodstock. Their signature sourdough breads are hand-crafted, naturally leavened and begin with the same 4 core ingredients: sourdough starter, locally milled wheat from Wessex Mill in Wantage, water and salt.