An easy to prepare classic afternoon tea sandwich recipe, this salmon and soft cheese sandwich snack is a great addition to any afternoon tea or summer picnic.
- 5ml lemon juice
- 20g lemon zest
- 200g smoked salmon, sliced
- 300g light cream cheese
- 1 loaf wholemeal medium sliced bread, 20 slices
- 60g butter
- Place the cream cheese in a bowl, add the lemon juice and lemon zest, and mix well.
- Lightly spread the butter on one side of the bread slices.
- On 10 slices, add 50g of the cream cheese mix then add 20g smoked salmon on top.
- Place the remaining 10 slices of bread on top to make a sandwich. Remove the crust around the sandwich.
- Cut diagonally, twice, into small triangles (yields four per sandwich), or into fingers (yields three per sandwich).
- Serve on a plate or platter.
This is an easy to prepare classic afternoon tea sandwich recipe. The salmon and soft cheese sandwich snack is a great addition to any afternoon tea or summer picnic. Allow 3 to 4 sandwiches per person.
If serving imminently, don’t prepare them too early as they will either go soggy or dry out. To make the sandwiches ahead, place on baking sheet and cover with damp tea towel; cover tightly with plastic wrap or cling film and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.