Are you in a rut with your toast routine? Pimp up your toast with this Smashed Peas, Feta, Nigella Seeds and Honey Toast recipe. Toast will never be the same!
Prep time: 10 Mins
Cook time: 1 Min
Yield: Serves 2
- 2 slices of sourdough
- 80g peas
- 50g feta cheese
- 50g set honey
- Extra virgin olive oil to drizzle
- In a pan, add the peas to boiling salted water and cook for 1minute.
- Remove from the heat and place into a bowl of water with ice cubes to cool completely.
- Remove from water and drain and set aside.
- Toast the bread using a toaster, oven, or a pan.
- Using a knife, spread the set honey on the base of the toast, crumble over the feta then lay over the peas and then tumble over some of the nigella seeds and drizzle with olive oil.
- Enjoy while the toast is still warm.
Recipe notes by Elizabeth Gibbs
You can cook the peas using a microwave. Toss the green peas in a microwavable bowl add 300mls of water and ¼ teaspoon of salt. Microwave for 4 mins on a high heat.
For best results, use a good quality Sourdough bread. I'm partial to the Spelt Sourdough from Natural Bread Company in Woodstock. Their signature sourdough breads are hand-crafted, naturally leavened and begin with the same 4 core ingredients: sourdough starter, locally milled wheat from Wessex Mill in Wantage, water and salt.
You can substitute the honey with mango chutney in this Smashed Peas, Feta, Nigella seeds and Honey Toast recipe.